Tuesday, August 19, 2008




Hi again. Monica and family were over for dinner on Sunday and I took a couple of pictures of Morgan because she got her hair cut for her first day of high school. She already looked older than her age and now I think she looks even older. She sure is growing up fast. I also am posting a picture of Dillon cause it was his birthday. Happy Birthday 10 year old! Then just so he won't feel left out I will post a picture of Denver too.

I love to go to Goodwill and Savers and peruse the book racks. Today I scored "Suite Francaise" a book I have been going to buy for a year because it was listed on a must read/best book list, a copy of Walt Whitman's "Leaves of Grass: A Selection of Poems and Prose" AND "A Pretty Good Joke Book" Guess which one I started reading?

Here are a few of the old standard one liners---

My pig learned karate--now he's doing pork chops

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother.

Is there another word for synonym?

Did you know that half of all people are below average?

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?? He sold his soul to Santa!

and finally: What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?
The same middle name!


My cousin usually posts a meaningful and inspiring quote on her blog but maybe I will just post a joke from this book!! I am actually terrible with jokes, I can never remember them!! but this book gave me a laugh today.

2 comments:

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof said...

I know that your blogging is important to you. I also realize that to a certain degree you are bearing your soul to the world. Having said that, I would love to tell you how I connected with you on some deep level. But I can't. My simple mind saw the jokes and said; "Oh jokes, goodie goodie!!" The last one is the best. I laughed so hard that I think it qualified as a guffaw. Did you say Walt Whitman? Hhmmmm..........

Amazed said...

I LOVE the joke addition. The world needs to laugh. I loved the pork chop and the "the" middle name! Keep them coming. And I'll email you my favorite Walt W. poem. And I wasn't familiar with the first book. Let me know how you like it!