Thursday, May 18, 2006

Deanna sets goals! 101 in 1001

Sorry I took so long to get back to a place where I can think about myself again. I have been reading several blogs and find so much creativity in them. It makes me doubt myself and my ability to write so creatively. BUT we have be asked to keep a journal. President Spencer W. Kimball said that Everyone should and can keep a journal and if we are not we should repent and start today. I know that I feel much closer to the grandmother who wrote her life story than the one who didn't, because, I can relate to her experiences and learn and share and laugh about them. Today I started this post because I want to start accomplishing something. Today's Latterday Light quote was from John Taylor and He asked if we were preparing and spreading out influence or just living our lives "Come day--Go day , just as it happens." And just last night I was introduced to the concept of 101 things in 1001 days. I have been thinking about that and I googled it and read a few lists. I realize that this could be either a fun way to motivate yourself or a depressing way to overwhelm yourself; so, I think I will think small and specific and make most of my goals easily obtainable so I can mark them off and build on that momentum of success to tackle the really big ones. I'm sure it will take me a while and several additions to get the list complete but I will start.

1. Lose 101 lbs. (This will probably be the biggest of the goals)
2. Finish my chapter synopsis/application journal of the Book of Mormon
3. Paint laundry room
4. Replace curtains and rod in Living room
5. Get rid of excess kitchen/dining stuff (Pots, pans plastic dishes etc)
6. Exercise 4 days a week for 1 month
7. Go to temple at least once a month for 1 year
8. Do a true fast with starting and ending prayers with a specific blessing in mind
9. Ponder on the beginning of the Book of Ether and what 16 tangible things I can "molten and ask the Lord to touch with his finger. What is the symbolism and how can it work in my life?
10. Clean off table by kitchen.
11. Climb squaw peak
12. Have 100% Visiting Teaching for 3 months in a row.
13. Find a gift for my mother and get it too her before her birthday
14. Stay in a Bed and Breakfast
15. Write an essay for my journal once a week for a month.
16. Stay home and not do any shopping for one week.
17. Write a children's book for each of my grandchildren
18. Go on a mission
19. Go to the temple once a week for three months
20. Seal my grandmother to her parents

No comments: