Sunday, April 19, 2009

GIve a man a blow torch......


This is a cautionary tale. If you give your man an incinderary device he will not use is "as directed" While the weed burner Marvin begged for over a month to recieve advises "there is no need to actually set the weed on fire but just to steam it and it will die. Marvin believes in a scorched earth policy. after steaming the weeds and overgrown patches of grass last week. He had to make sure they were dead by going over them again in the middle of the week, and then to reach his final scorched earth policy, he went out again Saturday morning to give everything another blast and in the process set the house on fire!! He did not notice it immediately, it was only hours later when I kept insisting that I smelled something burning did we discover that a corner post of the house was smoldering. We managed to get it all out but I worried for a long time about reports of a fire smoldering for days before breaking out in actual fire. I even got up twice during the night to check for smoke or warmness on the wall. I'm not sure whether the post will need to be replaced or if it is still intact enough to maintain its integrity, but I'll have Brian check it out when he gets back from his weekend fishing in Yuma.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ohh my gosh! I am so sorry. I even encouraged you to get it for him. What a blessing the whole house didn't catch fire!

La Familia Aguilar said...

Man, those things are bad. Vicente burned a huge spot in my beautiful sod while burning the weeds along the fence. He had so much fun playing with it he had to borrow it again, only this time he forgot that he was holding a blow torch and turned around and almost caught Daniel on fire!

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof said...

Some men might be a little offended at the tone set in this post. Some of us actually can perform basic functions. It is when we go that extra mile that can cause problems. If all goes well, we are heroes. If there is a little speed bump in the road, we are zeroes. oh, you got me going. I think I see a post forming.......